TOLKIEN AND HIS WORK
- Who was J.R.R. Tolkien anyway?
- Were the languages presented in The Lord of the Rings real languages?
- Were Tolkien just the ``editor''
of The Lord of the Rings?
- How thoroughly realized was
Tolkien's fiction that he was the ``translator'' of The Lord of
- Why is Tolkien's work so difficult to translate into other
- Did the events in The Lord of the Rings take place on another planet?
- Was the northwest of Middle-earth meant to actually be Europe?
- Was the Shire meant to be England?
- What were the changes made to
The Hobbit after The Lord of the Rings was written,
and what motivated them?
- Was there a change of tone between
Book I and the rest of The Lord of the Rings?
- Why did Tolkien fail to publish
The Silmarillion during the eighteen years which followed the
publication of The Lord of the Rings?
Last modified: Tue Mar 28 20:00:50 1995
- Return to
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Leave a comment or make a contribution.