The Arakne Environment
This is the official home page for the Arakne Environment, an open
collaborative hypermedia system for the Web developed at University of
The Arakne Environment has been documented in the following
- N. O. Bouvin (1999). Unifying Strategies for Web Augmentation. In
Proceedings of the 10th ACM Hypertext 1999 Conference,
pp. 91-100, Darmstadt, Germany.
- N. O. Bouvin & R. Schade (1999). Integrating Temporal Media
and Open Hypermedia on the World Wide Web. In Computer Networks -
The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications
Networking 31 (1999) pp. 1453-1465.
- N. O. Bouvin (2000). Designing user interfaces for collaborative
Web-based open hypermedia. In Proceedings of the 11th ACM
Hypertext 2000 Conference, pp. 230-231, San Antonio, USA,
2000. (short paper)
- N. O. Bouvin (2000). Experiences with OHP and Issues for the
future. Open Hypermedia System Working Group Workshop 6.0. In press
in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- N. O. Bouvin (2000). Collaborative Web-based Open Hypermedia and
Mutual Awareness. 10 pages. To be submitted for publication.
- N. O. Bouvin (2000). Augmenting the Web
through Open Hypermedia. 150 pages. Ph.D. Thesis.
- P. T. Zellweger, N. O. Bouvin, H. Jehøj, J. D. Mackinlay
(2001). Fluid annotations in an Open World. In Proceedings of ACM
Hypertext 2001, p 9-18, Aarhus, Denmark, 2001.
- N. O. Bouvin, P. T. Zellweger, K. Grønbæk, J. D. Mackinlay (2002).
Fluid Annotations Through Open Hypermedia: Using and Extending
Emerging Web Standards. In Proceedings of the 11th World Wide Web
Conference 2002, Honolulu, USA, 2002.
The Arakne Installer for version 2.1 is now available.
If you are interested in Arakne version 2.2, which was demonstrated at
the ACM Hypertext 2001, please sent me an
email and I will notify you when it is released to the public.
The Arakne Environment online help is now becoming available.
Please contact Niels Olof
Bouvin, if you have questions with regards to the Arakne Environment.